- Vinum Pucinum is both the name of the wine and this area, which has always been famous for good wine and olive oil. Pucinum is the Latin name this area has been bearing since the Roman Age. Where Sovinjak is today once stood the Roman fort of Pucinum. Pliny the Elder wrote that Livia Drusilla, later known as Iulia Augusta, the wife to Emperor Augustus and mother to Emperor Tiberius, used exclusively the wine and olive oil from Pucinum – Sovinjak.
- The Minjera Mine is a true treasure in this area. This is the first bauxite rock mine in the world, which was also accompanied with a chemical plant that produced alaum (alum). The bauxite sites were discovered by Saxonian miners, who came from the German district of Saxony, and worked in Venetian mines in the Middle Ages. The Minjera Mine began exploitation in the beginning of the 16th century and was successful for over 200 years. At the end of the 18th century the mine was bought by Mr. Pietro Turini who invested into its renovation and continued with the production up to 1856 when the mine was closed.
- The Buzet Earring is a genuine local souvenir found on the gravesite at Mejica (the county of Sovinjak) and Sovinjska brda. This type of jewellery was a part of the local folklore attire of both the native as well as Romanized Illyrian – Celtic peoples who lived between the Adriatic coas and the Alps.
Župna crkva Sv. Jurja Romanička crkva sa zvonikom, crkva je sagrađena 1927. godine na mjestu gdje se prije nalazila stara crkva građena u 16. St. ( 1556. ). Iz te faze ( 1557. ) datira i renesansni crkveni zvonik koji je građen po akvilejskom modelu. Zvonik je visok 15 m, na zvoniku se nalazi glagoljski natpis o gradnji zvonika koji je bio uništen 1921. naknadno je restauriran pa je ponovo ugrađen na pročelje crkve.
Crkvica - kapelica Sv. Roka iz XV st. čije zidove krase freske. Naime veliku zidnu sliku 1571. naslikao je Domenico iz Udina, a pokriva cijeli zid iza oltara. Prikazuje Sv. Roka
- Maestro Slavko Zlatić one of the grand masters of Croatian music – composer, conductor, teacher and music aficionado was born on the 1st of June, 1910 in Sovinjak in the very house where our guests find accommodation.
- Ms. Dragica Vitolović Srzić was born on the 12th November 1912 in Sovinjak. She took part in the World War II. The most momentous event in her turbulent life happened in 1948 when she was chief human resources in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Yugoslavia. Namely, Mrs Dragica personally took the “NO Letter” to Mr. Staljin. In the letter he discovered that Tito had decided to move Yugoslavia from USSR ideas and leadership. Famous film director, Slavko Žilnik, made the film “One Woman – One Era” in which he depicted her life. The film had a premiere in 2011 on the Motovun Film Festival.
- Ms. Vesna Pusić - Croatian politician and current Minister of Foreign and European Affairs owns property in Sovinjak and frequently enjoys the area’s peace and quiet.
Kameni fratar Radi se o stijeni specifičnog izgleda koja se nalazi na zapadnoj strani MO Sovinjak tik do Istarskih Toplica. Kada vozite od Buzeta prema Istarskim Toplicama s desne strane je skretanje za Istarske Toplice nasuprot od skretanja na lijevoj strani ( točnije uz početak samog brda, 200-tinjak m prije samog skretanja ), nalazi se stijena čudnog oblika, navedena stijena se naziva " Kameni fratar". Ako se navedenu stijenu gleda iz profila ona nalikuje na fratra koji drži knjigu i čita. Legenda kaže da je stijena okamenjeni fratar s knjigom koji pod mjesečevim svijetlom čita legende iz neke stare knjige.